Duration: 6 months (20th December 2017 – 22nd May 2018)
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana
Founded in: 2014.
Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/jaggerybags/
Location: Gurgaon, Haryana.
Brief Introduction about the company:
Founded in 2014, entrepreneurs Gautam and Bhawna Malik started their own sustainable bag company where they convert old industrial waste into green fashion products ranging from laptop bags, tote bags, wallets, travel kit bags, pencil boxes and messenger bags.
All the materials they use are re – purposed (also known as upcycling), cleaned, and stitched with love into funky everyday bags. The materials they normally use range from seat belts, inner tire tubes, bouncy castle, jute bags, army tents and all kinds of old vintage discarded fabrics.
I had the opportunity to intern at their company for 6 months, where my key role was to help them in designing various bags. Some of the designs were made into prototypes. The initial sketches are attached below:
- MOBILE POUCH SKETCHES:
2. EARPHONE POUCH SKETCHES:
3. COIN POUCH SKETCHES
4. LUNCH BAG DESIGNS:
5. WRIST LET DESIGNS:
Apart from helping them design these bags, I did help and get exposure on various other aspects as well such as:
1) Helping in exhibitions, keeping accounts of the bags sold -Dastkar & American Embassy.
2) Dealing with Indian & foreign clients.
3) Photography of the bags individually & with a foreign model.
4) Learning & getting hands on experience on new stitching techniques.
5) Material sourcing – Checking the quality, getting bulk items at affordable prices in Old Delhi.