Brief: To study the properties and different uses of glass, and make a mural of the same material.
Year: 2016 (2nd year)
Duration: 1 week (7 days)
Material I used: Small mirrors of different shapes.
Significance of Ganesh:
– Easily recognised with it’s elephant head.
– One of the important deities in Hinduism.
– Known for the god of beginning, is often the first deity to be honoured at the start of any ceremony.
– Known as the remover of obstacles, & deva of intellect & wisdom.
Properties of glass:
– Hardness & brittleness: Greater impact resistance against applied load.
– Weather resistance: Withstand the effect of rain, sun & wind.
– Chemical resistance: Can withstand the effect of the chemical reaction under different environment conditions or acidic effects.
– Insulation: Excellent insulator against heat, electricity and electromagnetic radiation.